This award may be given to one industry per year for actions that best demonstrate significant, lasting, and measurable excellence in water quality improvement or in the prevention of water quality degradation as demonstrated by innovative design and operation of an industrial wastewater, pretreatment, or source prevention program.
Nomination Policy and Procedures
1. Primary consideration will be given to nominees with Association members.
2. Nominations and necessary documentation for the award shall be submitted to the State Section Industrial Wastes Committee Chair no later than June 12 of each year.
3. The State Section Industrial Wastes Committees shall submit the names of no more than one nominee from each State Section to the Association General Awards Committee Chair no later than December 1 of each year.
4. Documentation shall include supportive data as required to demonstrate compliance with the award criteria outlined in subsequent subsections together with background and informational data pertaining to the nominee as appropriate. The application should give significant detail as to the nature of the engineering or scientific advances leading to the improvement. The body of the application shall include:
5. Award candidates shall satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
6. The General Awards Committee shall review the nominations from the State Section Industrial Wastes Committees and shall select the most deserving submittal.
7. The Association Industrial Water Quality Achievement Award shall consist of a suitably inscribed plaque indicating the recipient’s name and year of award.
For Information, Contact:
|2021||Bongards Creameries - Perham, Chanhassen, MN|
|2019||Peerless Chain, Winona, MN|
|2018||Pilgrim's Pride/Gold'n Pump, St. Cloud, MN|
|2017||Johnsonville Sausage, Sheboygan Falls, WI|
|2016||Liberty Paper, Becker, MN|
|2015||Forest County Potawatomi Community, Crandon, WI|
|2014||JBS Green Bay, Green Bay, WI|
|2013||Grande Cheese Company Lomira, WI|
|2012||Rahr Malting Company, Shakopee, MN|
|2011||Malt-O-Meal, Northfield, MN|
|2010||Frito Lay, Inc.|
|2009||SunOpta Ingredients, Inc, Cambridge MN|
|2008||Armour-Eckrich Meats, St. James MN|
|2007||Schwan Food Company, Marshall MN|
|2006||Patrick Cudahy, Inc, Cudahy WI|
|2005||Hutchinson Technologies, Hutchinson, MN|
|2004||Quest International, Rochester, MN|
|2003||Wisconsin Plating Works, Racine, WI|
|2002||John Roberts Co., Minneapolis, MN|
|2000||Schroeder Milk, St. Paul, MN|
|1998||Jennie-O Foods, Willmar, MN|
|1997||Champion Paper Co., Sartell, MN|
|1996||Kerry Ingredients, Jackson, WI|
|1995||Snap-On Tools, Kenosha, WI|
|1994||Gold 'n' Plump Poultry, Cold Springs, MN|