Established in 2007, this award may be given to one person per year from each State Section in recognition of outstanding contributions of a young water environment professionals for significant contributions to CSWEA and to the wastewater collection and treatment industry.
Nomination Policy and Procedures
1. This award may be given to one person per year from each State Section in recognition of outstanding contributions of a young water environment professionals for significant contributions to CSWEA and to the wastewater collection and treatment industry.
2. The 1st Vice President shall be responsible for soliciting award nominations. Nominations shall be received from General Membership or from the State Section Boards to the 1st Vice President by December 1 of each year and shall include:
a. Nomination Form
b. One page biography of the nominee
c. Specific reasons for nomination (one page maximum)
d. Any other supporting material required under criteria or that you feel would be helpful in the selection process.
3. The General Awards Committee shall select one member to receive this award from each state section, no later than December 1 of each year, based on the following criteria:
a. Member of CSWEA and WEF.
b. 35 years old or younger at the time of nomination.
c. Demonstrated contributions to enhancing the activities of CSWEA, it’s Committees and improvement in the fundamental knowledge of the performance of wastewater collection and treatment systems, water resource protection and research on issues important to the water environment.The Association’s Outstanding Young Professional Award shall consist of a suitably inscribed plaque indicating the recipient’s name and year of award.
4. The General Awards Committee may select one nominee (of the three submitted) for nomination for the WEF Outstanding Young Professional Award. The Association 1st Vice President shall forward the proper documentation, with a cover letter, to WEF supporting the recipient’s nomination.
Students and Young Professionals Committee
1. The Committee on Students and Young Professionals shall plan and coordinate activities for the Student Chapters, Stockholm Jr. Water Prize and other student and young professional related activities in parallel with WEF and the Association. The committee shall be comprised of at least one member from each section, which may be the State Section S&YP Committee Chair. The Chair of the committee shall rotate annually to the senior member from the Section hosting the Annual Meeting.
The Committee duties shall be to:
a. Develop and maintain communication links between State Sections, the Association and the Student Chapters.
b. Coordinate and promote the development of Student Chapters and provide a liaison with the Association and State Sections.
c. Support the activities and success of Student Chapters.
d. Promote the activation of Students within the Sections and Association.
e. Encourage participation with other Students and Young Professional committees from other professional associations.
f. The Students & Young Professional Representative shall submit a nomination to the General Awards Committee for the Outstanding Young Professionals Award each year.
For Information, Contact:
Rapid Radicals Technology, Milwaukee, WI
Western Lake Superior SD, Duluth, MN
Downers Grove SD, Downers Grove, IL
|2019||Mark Van Weelden (Ruekert & Mielke, Inc., Waukesha, WI)|
Hasibul Hasan (Sambatek, Minnetonka, MN)
Chris Marschinke (Trotter and Associates, St. Charles, IL)
|2018||Aaron Berry (Trotter & Associates, IL)|
Matt Seib (Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District, WI)
Jackie Strait (HR Green, MN)
|2017||Emma Larson (City of St. Cloud), MN|
Matthew A. Streicher (Glenbard Wastewater Authority), IL
Samantha Austin (Strand Associates), WI
|2016||Jillian Kiss (Trotter and Associates), IL|
Patrick McNamara (Marquette University), WI
Nate Fleischhacker (Black & Veatch), MN
|2015||Leon Downing (Donohue & Associates)|
|2014||Eric Lynne (Donohue & Associates)|
|2013||Michael G. Holland (Trotter & Associates, Inc.)|
|2012||Amanda Poole (Baxter and Woodman, Inc.)|
|2011||Rachel Radloff (Bonestroo)|
|2010||Rich Hussey, PE|