CSWEA WEF Laboratory Analyst Excellence Award
This award is granted through the Water Environment Federation. CSWEA will make the application on behalf of candidates from the association.
This award was established by the WEF Board of Directors in 1993 to recognize individuals for outstanding performance, professionalism and contributions to the water quality analysis profession. The award consists of a plaque suitably inscribed with the recipient’s name and is presented by a Federation representative at the Member Association annual meeting.
For Information, Contact:
2017 – Jan Orth
2016 – Autumn Fisher
2015 – Montgomery Baker
2014 – Stephen Hansen
2013 – Torell Geffers
2012 – Jeff Bratza
2011 – David Piquett
2010 – Judy Theon
2009 – Marc R. Zimmerman
2008 – Nora Erlandson
2007 – John Kennedy
2006 – Debra Cawley
2005 – Jeffery MacDonald
2004 – Janet Tiffany
2003 – Emma Kohl
2002 – Randy Thater
2001 – Marion Graham
2000 – Not Awarded
1999 – Michael Wierma
1998 – Greg Zelinka
1997 – Not awarded
1996 – David Kaptain
1995 – Jeffery MacDonald
- Must be a member of the Water Environment Federation.
- Candidate must be employed at an educational facility laboratory, industrial, commercial, or municipal laboratory which performs wastewater-related analysis, and must have direct analytical responsibilities.
- Candidates are eligible for this award only once.
- Qualifying criteria may include:
- Membership and involvement in professional associations. Examples: Water Environment Federation Committees, Standard Methods Joint Task Groups, MA committees and conferences and conference activities.
- Outstanding efforts in the area of wastewater and environmental aquatic analyses, including such items as innovative sampling techniques or solutions to a treatment, analytical or environmental problem.
- Involvement in community activities or public relations.
- Presentations at professional conferences, meetings, etc. relevant to water quality analysis.
- Professional certifications.
- Continuing education.
- Contributions that have been beneficial to the nominees facility.
- Unusual initiative or performance “beyond the call of duty”.