This award is given to a wastewater treatment plant operator in recognition of outstanding performance of a wastewater treatment plant and demonstration of professionalism in the performance of their duties. The award is given to one operator per year for each of the member states.
Nomination Policy and Procedures
1. The State Sections’ Operators Committees will submit the names, addresses, and biographical material for operators selected by State Section Operations Committees, to the Chair of the General Awards Committee, no later than December 1 of each year. The award may be given to one person per year from each of the State Sections.
2. As a general guide in determining the nominees of the Operations Award, State Section Operations Committees shall consider the following basis of selection, which is recommended, but not required:
|Item||Maximum Allowable Points|
|Efficiency of treatment, considering available facilities and effluent requirements on the plant, along with effects of the effluent on the receiving waters|
|Housekeeping of facilities|
|In-service training and upgrading of subordinate operators|
|Preventive maintenance emergency operation and safety practices|
|Compilation of, and dissemination of in-plant studies and routine operation data to regulatory agencies and to the profession|
|Preparation and dissemination of annual report|
Committee on Operations
1. There shall be a State Section Operations Committee in each member state.
2. The Activities of the State Section Committees on Operations shall be consistent with the objectives of the Association.
3. The State Section Committees on Operations shall plan and execute activities that enhance the plant operations awareness and knowledge of Association members, and promote membership in the Professional Wastewater Operators (PWO) of WEF.
4. The State Section Operations committees shall be responsible for selecting and submitting nominations (one per state) for the Operations Award to the General Awards Committee and for selecting and submitting nominations for the Hatfield Award to the Hatfield Award Subcommittee of the General Awards Committee no later than December 1st (See Section 12.112).
5. The Committees on Operations shall aid in the selection and support of team members for the WEF Operations Challenge as further defined in Section 18.0.
For Information, Contact:
Carol Stream, WRD, IL
NEW Water, WI
Alexandria Lake Area Sanitary District, MN
Urbana & Champaign SD
|Jacob M. Mann|
Glenbard WW Authority
Northern Moraine WRD
Western Lake Superior SD
FRWRD | Elgin, IL
GNP Company, Cold Springs
Stevens Point WWTP
Village of Bartlett
Fond du Lac
Village of Antioch
City of St. Peter
North Shore SD
City of Albert Lea
Green Bay MSD
City of Moorhead
City of Fort Atkinson
Village of Addison
City of Owatonna
Village of Sussex
Thorn Creek S.D.
City of Willmar
Village of Fox Lake
Rahr Malting Co.
City of Oconomowoc