There are two ways to become a Central States WEA (CSWEA) member.
1) CSWEA member – $30 per year [ Join Online | Print and Mail ]
2) CSWEA + WEF member – [ Join Online @ WEF | Print and Mail ]
- select Central States WEA as your member association.
- Pricing varies based on membership type
- Professional – $200/year
- Executive – $370/year
- Professional Wastewater Operator (PWO) – $135/year
- Young Professional (< 35 years old) – $104/year
- Student – $50/year
Why become a CSWEA Member? Read all the value we bring
Benefits of joining CSWEA include:
- Gaining valuable technical knowledge that supports current trends.
- Having access to industry experts that may assist with technical and management solutions.
- Obtaining updated information on regulatory activities and proposed responses.
- Networking with like professionals that share common interests and innovative points of view.
- Participation in our international humanitarian efforts.
- Access to Sales and Marketing Professionals by advertising, exhibiting and one-on-one contacts.
- Developing relationships with regulatory agencies, and their personnel.
- Creating opportunities to make our water environment activities more effective.
- Building your communication skills by publishing articles in our magazine Central States Water or speaking at an event.
- Enhancement of your management and leadership skills by becoming an officer, or participating on Association and State Section boards, committees, etc.
- Telling your story and improving your speaking skills by presenting papers at State Section and Association (three-state) conferences and seminars.
- Social interaction with environmental professionals across a 3-state area that are have a common interest in improving the water environment.
- Opportunities for cost effective continuing and advanced education for managers, professional engineer’s operators, and environmental scientists.
- Support by people engaged in like activities that have an understanding of the water industry.
- Opportunities for professional recognition and personal development
The objectives of CSWEA are to:
- Advance the fundamental knowledge of the water environment, its basic qualities, and physical laws governing its interaction with other aspects of the environment and with the aesthetic, economic and biological needs of the earth’s inhabitants.
- Advance the knowledge and technology in the design, construction, operation and management of water quality systems and facilities.
- Increase the knowledge and understanding of the earth’s water environment, and encourage and promote action necessary for its enhancement.
- Develop and implement effective delivery mechanisms to rapidly disseminate knowledge concerning the water environment to members and other interested parties.
- Promote sound policy in matters relating to the water environment.
- Improve the professional status of all personnel engaged in any aspect of protecting and improving the earth’s water environment.
- Strengthen and build alliances with organizations throughout the world incorporating members of all professions dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of water quality and water resources.
- Stimulate public awareness of the relationship of water resources to the public welfare and the need for pollution prevention, resource recovery, preservation, conservation, and reuse of water resources.
- To provide a regional (Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin) organization offering multiple opportunities for the exchange of water environment knowledge and experiences among its members and the public and to foster a greater awareness of water environment achievements and challenges.
- Serve the international community of water environment professionals.
- To support and encourage activities and programs within the three states as developed by the members and committees of the State Sections.
CSWEA activities allow members to establish contacts within their communities, whether facility operators and managers or consulting engineers and ask for counsel and advice on work situations in the water environment field. Attending Association functions can provide members with career opportunities.
CSWEA members include civil, design and environmental engineers; biologists, chemists, local and state government officials, treatment plant managers and operators, laboratory technicians, students, professors, lawyers, environmental scientists, equipment manufacturers and distributors.
To provide a Water Environment Federation (WEF) organization (Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin) offering multiple opportunities for the exchange of water quality knowledge and experiences among its members and the public and to foster a greater awareness of water quality achievements and challenges.
CSWEA offers membership in Central States and the Water Environment Federation, (WEF), and this membership category offers the best value for professionals with the State, Regional, National and worldwide connections of both a local WEF Member Association (CSWEA) and the preeminent organization of water professionals, world-wide, WEF. Several membership categories are available and described within the membership application. Please join WEF and make sure to select CSWEA as your member association.
Download and Mail In Application to WEF
Join Online at WEF
CSWEA also offers an Associate level membership, which provides membership in CSWEA only for those who may just interested in CSWEA membership. While we strongly suggest membership in both CSWEA and WEF, we understand that for some, membership in CSWEA only makes the most sense.
Download and Mail In Application to CSWEA
Join Online at CSWEA
The WEF Utility Partnership Program (UPP) is designed to allow utilities to join WEF and Central States while creating a comprehensive membership package for designated employees. Utilities can consolidate all members within their organization onto one account and have the flexibility to tailor the appropriate value packages based on the designated employees’ needs.
Utility Partnership Program brochure (in pdf format)
Utility Membership Application (in pdf format)
Online Utility Membership Application