The Industrial Environmental Achievement Award is given to
one industry per year in recognition of outstanding
contributions is waste minimization, pollution prevention,
environmental compliance, and environmental stewardship.
Award candidates must satisfy one ore more of the following
1. Has in-place practices and procedures that have reduced raw material requirements for its manufacturing operations and/or the volume of wastewater discharged to the environment.
2. Has in-place practices and procedures that have reduced the pollutant loadings to the environment.
3. Has initiated improvements and programs to improve characteristics of the waste discharge even though the facility was previously in full compliance with the requirements of its discharge permit.
4. Has demonstrated a "good corporate citizen" attitude through the existence of outreach programs designed to increase environmental awareness.
5. Has worked in a positive, constructive way with local governmental and regulatory agencies.
6. Has made available to other industries information pertaining to its successful use of alternative processes and procedures designed to enhance the environment.
7. Has implemented programs with environmental compliance that have generated positive economic benefits that greatly exceed their cost of implementation.
Award nominations should be submitted to the Industrial Waste
Committee Chair in the respective state of the industry (see
state section officer information on this web site) by January
1 of each year. One nomination from each state will be made to
the General Awards Committee by February 1 of each year. The
award may not be given each year.
For Information, Contact:
1021 Alexandra Blvd
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Phone: 855-692-7932 firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 - Liberty Paper, Becker, MN
2015 - Forest County Potawatomi Community, Crandon, WI
2014 - JBS Green Bay, Green Bay, WI
2013 - Grande Cheese Company Lomira, WI
2012 - Rahr Malting Company, Shakopee, MN
2011 - Malt-O-Meal, Northfield, MN
2010 - Frito Lay, Inc.
2009 - SunOpta Ingredients, Inc
2008 - Armour-Eckrich Meats, St. James MN
2007 - Schwan Food Company
2006 - Patrick Cudahy, Inc
2005 - Hutchinson Technologies, Hutchinson, MN
2004 - Quest International, Rochester, MN
2003 - Wisconsin Plating Works, Racine, WI
2002 - John Roberts Co., Minneapolis, MN
2001 - Not Awarded
2000 - Schroeder Milk, St. Paul, MN
1998 - Jennie-O Foods, Willmar, MN
1997 - Champion Paper Co., Sartell, MN
1996 - Kerry Ingredients, Jackson, WI
1995 - Snap-On Tools, Kenosha, WI
1994 - Gold 'n' Plump Poultry, Cold Springs, MN