CSWEA presents an Academic Excellence Award to a student from each university with a recognized Graduate Program in Environmental Engineering in the state which is to host the annual meeting. Nominations are made by the faculty of the engineering department. The recipient award winner will receive a cash award, a paid one-year student membership in the Central States Water Environment Association and a Letter of Commendation from the Association president. The award recipient will be invited to the annual conference and the registration fee, including the Association luncheon and banquet, will be paid by the Association. The award will be presented at the annual banquet.
Policy and Procedures
1. Under the conditions defined herein, an award to be known as the Central States Water Environment Association, Inc., Academic Excellence Award may be presented to a maximum of one student per year per eligible institution located within the State Section hosting the Annual Conference.
2. An eligible institution shall be a college or university in the Annual Meeting Host State having a recognized graduate or undergraduate program in engineering or biological sciences.
3. The Academic Excellence Subcommittee shall be chaired by the 2nd Vice President. The host State Section Trustee, Student Design Competition Chair and the YP Representative shall also serve on the committee to help identify eligible institutions. Additional committee members may be appointed at the option of the President.
4. The candidates shall be selected by the Department Chairman, or other designated person, at the eligible institutions. The 2nd Vice President will contact the Host State Trustee for a list of each of the eligible institutions. Each institution will be provided with a description of the Academic Excellence Award and the necessary application forms. The names of the candidates must be submitted by the institution to the 2nd Vice President by December 1.
5. Eligible students must be enrolled in a full-time study program in engineering at the undergraduate level or graduate in an eligible institution.
6. The Academic Excellence Award shall consist of a $300 cash award, a paid one-year student membership in the Association and WEF, and a letter of commendation from the Association President. Award recipients will be invited to the Annual Conference and the registration fee, including the Association Luncheon and Banquet, will be paid by the Association. If the award recipient attends the Annual Awards Banquet, they shall receive one complimentary night’s lodging and $50.00 for expenses. The Association President will present the Award(s) to the recipient(s) at the Annual Banquet.
Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign
Illinois Institute of Technology
|2017||Zeinab Takbiri, Univ of Minnesota – Twin Cities|
Henry Croll, Univ of Minnesota – Twin Cities
Megan Cox, St. Cloud State Univ
Allison Herzog, Minnesota State Univ – Mankato
|2016||Finn Finucane, Milwaukee School of Engineering|
Vadym Ianaiev, Univ of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
Stephen Matthias, Univ of Wisconsin – Madison
Xiaopeng Min, Univ of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
Matthew Nichols, Univ of Wisconsin – Green Bay
Eric Osterdyk, Univ of Wisconsin – Platteville
Kaushik Venkiteshwaran, Marquette University
|2015||Gurmanpreet Bhupal, Illinois Institute of Technology|
Diana Byrne, University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign
Han Gao, Northwestern University
Laura Haak, Illinois Institute of Technology
Lance Langer, University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign
Zeying Zhu, Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
|2014||Anthony Adderley, Minnesota State University-Mankato|
David T. Tan, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
|2013||Adam R. Groshek, University of Wisconsin-Platteville|
Amanda Heller, Milwaukee School of Engineering
Sally Shumaker, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Allen Williams, Marquette University
Li Xiao, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
|2012||Marina Arnaldos Orts, Illinois Institute of Technology|
Michael Giannetto, Northwestern University
Taylor Swanson, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Anthony Straub, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
|2011||Evan Hunter, University of MN, Duluth|
Greg LeFevre, University of MN, Twin Cities
Carl J. Sorensen, MN State University, Mankato
|2010||No Award Given|
|2009||Petia Tontcheva, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign|
Kathryn Weissman, Illinois Institute of Technology
|2008||Alison Ling, University of MN, Twin Cities|
Carla Petrich, University of MN, Duluth
Michael Petersen, MN State University, Mankato
|2007||Ryan Holzem UW Platteville|
Stacy Erin Metz, UW Madison
Mark Hope, Marquette University
Yang Liu, UW Milwaukee
|2006||Carlos Lopez, U of I|